Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add color correction adjustment layers?

I watched a color correction tutorial and downloaded some custom files he made. He instructed to place them into the Titles folder, within the Motion Templates folder...all inside the Movies folder. I did this, but they do not show up in the titles within FCPX. I notice that none of the other title elements are in the Movies folder, as shown in his tutorial, but I have looked everywhere to locate a different area where all this might be. Anyway, it seems like a great method for color correction, to be able to add a layer (like you can in Premiere)....but, I cannot get it to work. Any help would be most appreciated. thanks

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 18, 2019 11:51 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 18, 2019 1:16 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom...are you saying I need to title the folder; Titles.localized ? My "Movies" folder doesn't have all the items in the tutorial; at 1:29 in this vid, you'll see all the things in his Motion Templates folder. In fact, I only have Final Cut Backups and Motion Templates. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250494266?answerId=250943640022#250943640022

The templates from that fellow include Base Correction.moti and Look Grade.moti They live in an "Adjustment" folder, within the Titles folder, inside the Motion Templates folder.

Jul 18, 2019 2:17 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom...I believe adding the .localized worked. I now see the adjustment layers under the Titles. Next challenge is to develop a quick and easy process of color correcting my drone footage. Premiere has a fairly easy process, but it is very inefficient dealing with my 4K footage, and renders take forever. I'm preferring FCP X now.

How to add color correction adjustment layers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.