Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail - Pasting to BCC duplicates addresses

I send out a mailing list from my macbook pro, using Mail Version 11.5 (3445.9.1). I'm copying a list of email addresses from an Excel for Mac list and paste that into the BCC field of my mailing list. I perform this task approx 35+ times every week to different mailing lists.

I know this isn't the ideal way to be sending out mailing lists, however, it's just where I'm at right now. The real problem is that every time I paste the list into the BCC field, one email address gets copied into the BCC field multiple times. It can either be MY email address that I'm sending from OR one of the members of the lists....which means that member is getting added to multiple distribution lists that they do not belong to.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Do I need to somehow clear my system cache after each time I send a distribution? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE: I tried to find the category for MAC MAIL to put this in the right topic, but couldn't find Mac Mail in any of the top categories.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 9:38 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 19, 2019 11:40 AM in response to BDAqua

Pasting it into text and then copying it from text works, but it adds several steps to my process (I know I sound like I'm complaining). But when I do this action every week, I'm streamlining it as much as possible so I can get everything done in the shortest amount of time. This extra steps adds 10 to 15 minutes to my overall process of pushing out 35+ unique mailing lists.

My question is...is this a bug for MAC Mail? or is it a bug from the copy function out of Excel for Mac? When I paste into text editor, I don't get the duplicates....so I'm guessing its a bug within MacMail being incompatible with Excel copying functions.

Thoughts?

Jul 19, 2019 12:02 PM in response to ScratchSmarter

Office has always had weird results when pasting into Mail. Word double-spaces every line for some reason. If you paste into TextEdit, then copy paste into Mail, it comes out single-spaced. I would imagine you are seeing yet another weird behavior from the Office clipboard.

Just make text clippings of the lists.

Select the list of addresses from wherever you created it, and drag the selected list into a folder in the Finder.

To use the list, drag the text clipping file into the Bcc field.

You can rename the text clipping so that it has a name that matches the list.

You don't have to open the text clipping.

You don't have to copy the text clipping.

You don't have to paste.

Just drag the file into the address field.

I don't have Excel to test, but I did drag a list of addresses from Numbers (each address in own cell) and it worked.

You can also just make a comma delimited list in a text editor and select-all, drag to Finder window.

Mac Mail - Pasting to BCC duplicates addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.