Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set alerts on calendar

I have an iPhone 10. The alerts keep switching when I set the 1st and 2nd alerts. Ex: first alert set for 1day before my appointment. Second alert set for 30 minutes before the appointment. After pressing “Done” they switch. First alert becomes 30 minutes before. Second alert becomes 1day before. They won’t stay correct. Very frustrating! And they won’t alert me for my appointment. If I set only the first alert w/o a second alert then I will get the alert. Help!!!

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2019 9:29 AM

It will always change the alerts to where the Alert is the one closest to the time of the event, and the second alert is the one the farthest away. Calendar has always done that. However, if you are not getting any alerts, then that is another issue. Day before alerts are generally defaulted to 9:00am. You may need to double-check your alert settings for Calendar.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2019 9:29 AM in response to jimi144

It will always change the alerts to where the Alert is the one closest to the time of the event, and the second alert is the one the farthest away. Calendar has always done that. However, if you are not getting any alerts, then that is another issue. Day before alerts are generally defaulted to 9:00am. You may need to double-check your alert settings for Calendar.

Set alerts on calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.