Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I make a playlist my default when connecting to my car’s Bluetooth?

For some reason my car’s Bluetooth always defaults to SONGS in alphabetical order. I’m trying to figure out how to force my iPhone to default to my favorite playlist instead. Any ideas?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 8:29 AM

It isn't the phone's fault. It is the way the radio handles the connection. Many radio systems in cars when they connect to external devices will actually start playing automatically, even if you don't access the Music player. Like welafever, I start the music I wish to hear before connectiong to the car, then it will play what I had selected. My vehicle does not automatically connect to Bluetooth music when it connects the phone to Bluetooth, it requires a second connection as a Media device, so it works a little better for me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2019 8:29 AM in response to Betterjedi

It isn't the phone's fault. It is the way the radio handles the connection. Many radio systems in cars when they connect to external devices will actually start playing automatically, even if you don't access the Music player. Like welafever, I start the music I wish to hear before connectiong to the car, then it will play what I had selected. My vehicle does not automatically connect to Bluetooth music when it connects the phone to Bluetooth, it requires a second connection as a Media device, so it works a little better for me.

Can I make a playlist my default when connecting to my car’s Bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.