Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder PDF Zoom Broken?

Hi folks! Until very recently (not exactly sure when), I was able to use the pinch-zoom on my external Magic Trackpad with my iMac to zoom in/out on PDFs and image files in the Finder (the little preview image of the document in the Finder itself). This still works for image files, but at some point, this stopped working for PDFs. This is a minor annoyance, but it definitely interrupts my workflow at times, especially since I am so used to using it. The usual restarts, fiddling with settings, etc. have not helped. I am still reluctant to update to Mojave for various reasons. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?

Thanks!

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 1:44 PM

4 replies

Aug 9, 2019 6:23 PM in response to DrPuppet

Well, sadly, pinch to zoom in the Finder is broken again. It is especially unreliable for PDFs with selectable text. Interestingly, on my much newer Macbook Air, which is running Mojave, this also does not work! I am starting to think that this is a feature that Apple cut for some unknowable reason.

Question: Can anyone running High Sierra (or Mojave, for that matter) pinch to zoom in the Finder on PDF files, especially those with selectable text?

Finder PDF Zoom Broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.