Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom not working

I updated to the latest version of macOS Mojave (secutity update 10.14.6 (18G6032) on my iMac Late 2013). Now the Zoom function does not work.

I refer to the one using control^ and swipe up with 2 fingures.

It is set under Preferences > Accessibity > Zoom > Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom:

I have it on ^Control

Zoom styrle: Picture-in-pisture Options Adjust Size and Location <it does not open when I click it>

Not even opt-command + or opt-command - work.

How can I get back my zoom function? I am lost without it.

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:27 AM

6 replies

Sep 25, 2020 11:08 AM in response to Tut2

I’m not having that issue, but since this update to Mojave (18G6032) today my iMac 2017 has ‘lost the plot’. It’s been 3 hours of rebooting, waiting 5 to 10 minutes for the finder to load and the nothing else loads. Preferences won’t open anything. Sleep, restart, logout and login all produce the same long delay in the finder loading. The only peripherals attached are keyboard and mouse. Even starting in Safe Mode took 15 minutes. Never seen anything like it.

Oct 1, 2020 10:21 AM in response to Tut2

Same here. I use the Control-Scroll zoom feature a lot, and right after the latest security update on 10.14.6 my zoom doesn't work anymore either. I'm on a 2017 iMac. I also tried the other accessibility zoom functions, and none work for me. I tried restarting the iMac, turning off and on the functions, but nothing works to get accessibility zooming back.

Oct 5, 2020 1:27 PM in response to tumok

Testing these systems is getting harder rather than easier it seems.

I wonder if as much effort is put into testing them as say 20 years ago?

My hope is that new methods of testing will simplify it to the point that needless bugs like the one with zoom can be fixed before release.

Zoom not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.