Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp error during partition stage

Getting error with Boot Camp Assistant where it stops after a couple minutes during the partition stage. Error given is “Your disk could not be partitioned. An error occurred while partitioning the disk.”

iMac, 27-inch, 5k, late 2015. 32 gb RAM

Steps taken:

Made a backup, selected Remove Disk in Time Machine

Ran Disk Utility, no errors found

Ran Terminal, cleared local snapshots

Restarted several times.

I tried both ISO available from Microsoft 1809 and 1903.

Here is what is in my diskutil

Pulling my hair on this one. Any suggestions?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 2:55 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 21, 2019 4:25 PM in response to RangerZoro

RangerZoro wrote:

Thanks so much! That fixed the issue. Said something about filling gaps and ended with an OK. Rebooted and tried again. While it did take a bit longer than expected (about 40 minutes), it completed and now I’m on Windows.

Excellent!

What was the issue here?

See the error messages after 'Checking fsroot tree'. If you have the photo, you should see 'YES', instead of 'NO' for correcting the issues.

Boot Camp error during partition stage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.