Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp error after deleting Windows. Partition didn’t deleted.

Hello, after deleting Windows from my iMac with help of Boot Camp. Boot Camp said that there was a problem with deleting partition.

My iMac should have 1,12 TB after deleting Windows but I have only 941 GB. I’ve tried for hours to delete and format partition but I always get this errors like this “a problem occurred while resizing apfs container structures. (-69606)”.

Could anybody help me please?

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2021 8:14 AM

• Boot into Internet Recovery
  • Run
  • Once you have completed the rebuild, restore your TM backup
  • Check and Verify

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 7, 2021 8:43 AM in response to Loner T

Is there a way to fix this problem without resorting my iMac? I’m very upset that after deleting Windows I have to delete and restore all data on my Fusion Drive. It’s very time consuming and I don’t want to lose any of my opened work and Safari tabs. This is very dump. I thought that Apple stands for quality! And not that I will have problems with a computer.

Thank you for helping.

Mar 7, 2021 9:47 AM in response to DarkLordMMG

Your APFS Fusion drive file system is corrupt, which is why the resizeContainer command is failing. To address it, we need to erase both disks. Notice the size of the Secondary Fusion disk, which is not 1TB, but 820GB. This is a known issue with APFS and Bootcamp, where Bootcamp Assistant fails. If you create a new backup now, all your data and files should be preserved, but Application State will not be preserved.

Boot Camp error after deleting Windows. Partition didn’t deleted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.