Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot upload pictures to a website from my 15" Mojave MBP, but I can from my iPad—so it is not the images

I have all the latest updates to all softwares. I have tried from every browser: Safari, Chrome Opera, Firefox, even Tor. I have cleared caches and cookies. I have saved the images in PhotoShop .jpg and .png formats. I have removed metadata.

Affected websites include, but are not limited to: iContact, work website, LinkedIn…I select the image, position it and hit import/Apply…nothing happens. No error message, just nothing happens.

Does anyone know why this happens? It is so frustrating.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 11:20 AM

It was a startup item running on both machines. Thank you ever so much—now I just need to remember to quite this app (Butler: https://manytricks.com/butler/) before uploading images. This just started a few months ago and has been driving me mad with frustration.

Again, many thanks!

4 replies

Jul 22, 2019 9:12 AM in response to Terre Spencer

Greetings Terre Spencer,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to upload photos to different websites with your MacBook Pro.

To help isolate this behavior, I suggest testing the issue while your Mac is started in safe mode. Additionally, testing with a new user account can help to see if this is a system-wide issue. You can see those steps from the following support articles: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support & How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

I cannot upload pictures to a website from my 15" Mojave MBP, but I can from my iPad—so it is not the images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.