Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading Photos with Macbook

Hi

Struggling to upload a photo to the web from my Macbook.

On the Website, I select the upload button, which prompts my Mac to open Finder.

Then, at the bottom-left of Finder (i.e. in the 'Media' Menu) I click Photos. As expected, all my pictures are there in 'Photos' but - for some reason - I can't Right or Left 'Click to Select ' any single Photo (so cannot complete the upload).

If (instead) - after clicking Upload - I next click 'Pictures' (from the Favourites Menu in Finder), the Picture's Folder Opens and, although I can see a link to my Photo Library, that link is greyed out. (So, once more, I can't complete the upload).

Any suggestions? (Thanks in advance)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 9:24 AM

OK-- there's good news, there. So I wonder what's wrong that seems to only affect the ability to access Photos from that dialog?

You should probably try these things, if you haven't already: 

1. Rebuild the Photos library: with Photos closed, Command-option click the Photos icon
  2. Restart the computer (of course)
  3. Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  4. Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers)

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Good things to try to narrow down the cause of the problem.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 9:24 AM in response to clickfix

OK-- there's good news, there. So I wonder what's wrong that seems to only affect the ability to access Photos from that dialog?

You should probably try these things, if you haven't already: 

1. Rebuild the Photos library: with Photos closed, Command-option click the Photos icon
  2. Restart the computer (of course)
  3. Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  4. Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers)

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Good things to try to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Oct 27, 2022 8:37 AM in response to clickfix

I tried to duplicate your problem. When I got the upload page I chose Photos, got my library of pictures, clicked on one, and hit the "Upload" button bottom right. It worked. Alternately, I double-clicked on the picture and it uploaded. I could also go to other folders that contained images and double click those (or choose "upload") to upload. So it works as it should for me.

What do you mean by "I can't Right or Left 'Click to Select ' any single Photo?" What happens? You click and nothing happens? Does it work for pictures that are not in Photos but are residing in Finder Folders?

Does it work on other websites? I used Google images for my test. Try that and let us know what happens.

Oct 27, 2022 9:06 AM in response to Richard.Taylor

Hi

Thanks for responding.

Once I hit the Website's Upload Button (and Finder immediately responds by opening) I then navigate to Photos (via the Media Menu in Finder) and can point my mouse at a Picture, but can't select it. I get no reaction when I attempt to 'click' the pic (it's as though the 'click' function is disabled). If I don't start the process from the websites' Upload Button, but instead go directly to my Photos, I've found that I can drag a Pic from Photos to my Macbook's Desktop, then from there, I can upload the pic by 'drag & drop' to the website (however, I'd rather not be stuck with that long-way-round process, so I still need to find a 'fix' to the issue detailed in my Post.

Will perhaps (on another website) try Uploading in the manner I first described (but feel confident the 'issue' is on the Macbook Side, not the widely used website I was trying to Upload too.

Uploading Photos with Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.