Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant hear videos in Safari on my ipad. I can hear in all other apps, but not safari.

I can’t hear videos in Safari on my iPad. I can hear in all other apps, but not Safari. As a matter of fact, when the video begins to play, you can immediately hear a ‘blip’ as if a switch (controlling the volume) has been switched off.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 6:54 PM

I GOT IT! FINALLY!!!

I noticed when I opened another news story with a video that:

1. the actual size of the video was smaller than the one I was looking at earlier
  2. when I tapped the video ( so that the line that scrolls across can be seen) and noticed there was a volume button that was muted. I unmuted it and it worked.

However, when I went back to the other tab, where the video was much larger and stretched from left to right, I could only see the scroll bar and not the mute icon. Anyway, I just tapped at the far right and bottom of the screen, where I thought the button might be, and it worked. Mind you I was tapping all over that screen earlier and it didn’t work, but, thankfully it worked this time.

Thanks again for your help.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2019 6:54 PM in response to QuickPost

I GOT IT! FINALLY!!!

I noticed when I opened another news story with a video that:

1. the actual size of the video was smaller than the one I was looking at earlier
  2. when I tapped the video ( so that the line that scrolls across can be seen) and noticed there was a volume button that was muted. I unmuted it and it worked.

However, when I went back to the other tab, where the video was much larger and stretched from left to right, I could only see the scroll bar and not the mute icon. Anyway, I just tapped at the far right and bottom of the screen, where I thought the button might be, and it worked. Mind you I was tapping all over that screen earlier and it didn’t work, but, thankfully it worked this time.

Thanks again for your help.

Jul 21, 2019 3:27 PM in response to MicheMax

Hello,

Please verify that your are running the latest system software for your iPad by going to Settings -> General -> Software Update.

Try to Force Quit the application by double-tapping the iPad’s Home Button until the App Switch opens. Swipe up on Safari.

Please also try restarting your iPad by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until you see “Slide to power off...” Once your iPad has powered off press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.

Jul 21, 2019 6:41 PM in response to MicheMax

Hello,

Just so I can be on the same page, you are unable to hear audio from any application on your iPad mini?

Try and use a toothpick (or something else non metallic) to clean out any potential debris that could be in your mini-phono port (headphone).

If this still does not help then I suggest that you reach out to Apple for further assistance.

Contact AppleCare

cant hear videos in Safari on my ipad. I can hear in all other apps, but not safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.