Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live Photos stopped working

With new Xs phone Live photo worked, then stopped. Other family members getting same message/picture get it Live. Only I do not get it Live.

Took it to genius bar. They also tried changing every setting, no improvement. Then they Reset the phone, now Live worked.

Came home to find my iPad suddenly had same problem as the iPhone had; Live stopped working.

I can take a Live photo and play the Live photo in Camera, or Photos. But if I message it to my other device it is a dead (still) photo, for both the send copy and the receive copy. All inbound live photos display as stills.

The phone reset caused so much disruption to my logins and passwords I will not reset the iPad. I suspect there is a setting I just need to find it. Any ideas?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 2:08 PM

Hi JJKeeley,

Thank you for those additional details. Let's keep working on this.

Here are a few things to try:

• Navigate to Settings > Messages. Scroll to the bottom of the page. If "Low Quality Image Mode" is on, turn it off and restart your iPad. See if you're now able to receive Live Photos on your iPad.

• You also may want to reset the network settings. Here are the steps: tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Good luck!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2019 2:08 PM in response to JJKeeley

Hi JJKeeley,

Thank you for those additional details. Let's keep working on this.

Here are a few things to try:

• Navigate to Settings > Messages. Scroll to the bottom of the page. If "Low Quality Image Mode" is on, turn it off and restart your iPad. See if you're now able to receive Live Photos on your iPad.

• You also may want to reset the network settings. Here are the steps: tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Good luck!

Jul 22, 2019 4:09 PM in response to JJKeeley

Hi JJKeeley,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with Live Photos being sent as a still photo. I'd love to provide information that may help.

Check out the "How to share your Live Photos" section of this article: Take and edit Live Photos. That should address the issue you're experiencing.

I hope that helps. Take care!

Live Photos stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.