Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random kernel panic report

My MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015),

Processor 1.1 GHz Intel Core M

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5300 1536 MB

Has been rebooting and failing to boot couple times. I tried to reset NVRAM, SMC, and run a check using firas aid on the HD in safe mode. Nothing have worked so far. I attached the panic report. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on please.

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 9:56 AM

Typically that is a memory error (RAM), however A single report may be useful but does not establish a trend for a meaningful diagnosis.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200553

You can post your Kernel Panic report in their entirety here, preferable three separate reports in three separate "Additional Text" box (see menu below) for ease of reading and comparison.

Kernel Panic reports can be found /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

From the Finder>Go>Go To Folder, copy and paste:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

ends in .panic post the whole report if it meets that.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2019 9:56 AM in response to firaselshaari

Typically that is a memory error (RAM), however A single report may be useful but does not establish a trend for a meaningful diagnosis.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200553

You can post your Kernel Panic report in their entirety here, preferable three separate reports in three separate "Additional Text" box (see menu below) for ease of reading and comparison.

Kernel Panic reports can be found /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

From the Finder>Go>Go To Folder, copy and paste:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

ends in .panic post the whole report if it meets that.

Jul 22, 2019 12:15 PM in response to firaselshaari

Run Etrecheck again and follow the instructions to remove the adware and clean unused stuff.

You also have a lot of extensions that are too old or totally unnecessary, like those from WD and Samsung.

I suggest that in order to be sure if this is a hardware or software problem:

1) make a full backup

2) do a clean install

3) migrate ONLY. the user accounts- do NOT migrate applications, settings or other files

I expect the problem is in the software. If I am ro, your mac will work like new. If not, then you most likely have a hardware problem.

Jul 22, 2019 2:36 PM in response to firaselshaari

Since your panic logs are all over the map, I would guess you have a logic board problem.

It could be RAM as was mentioned, but you would usually see all of the logs as a page fault with memory address errors.

On some, you have some third-party kernel extensions loaded, but not on other.

You also have a USB device connected on some, but not on others.

I think you need to take it to a Genius Bar or Apple certified Repair center for evaluation.

Random kernel panic report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.