Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backlight Issues

Hi,

Ive got an iPad 6, when its charged above about 60 percent the backlight will not work as normal. I had thought that the screen wasn't working at all but I can see that it is- its just that the backlight doesn't come on when pressing the home button.

Ive found that pressing home then power, home, power etc will eventually get it to work- from which point everything is normal. Weirdly the number of cycles of the above button presses it takes to get the backlight to come on directly corresponds to the amount of charge it has- i.e. if its on 65 percent it may take two or three cycles of pressing, if its on 99 percent then it will take more like 30 cycles.

This has happened since the iPad was about 4 months old, its never been out of the house or dropped or anything to cause any sort of physical damage. Has anyone experienced these issues?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 11:11 PM

Bring your iPad into your nearest, “local” Apple Store for diagnosis, evaluation and potential options.

Did you purchase extended, two-year AppleCare+ for this iPad?

Similar questions

1 reply

Backlight Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.