Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My location pin on a map looks accurate, but the given address for that pin is fictional

This happens if I take a photo and the photo is tagged with a location; it also happens in apps that use Location services, such as Tile.

so for example in Tile app, it says "enter home address"

I click on that and it says "use current location?"

I click that

i see a map with a pin, it's right on my house, that's great

but under that it displays the address info for that geo location, which is a house number and street that does not exist in my whole city (i have checked). There's nothing even similar in town.

The address info it gives me is "285 Desimone Drive" .

I have found a lot of info about what to try if the actual location seems wrong (where the pin shows on the map, right?) but that's not quite my issue.

this is annoying in apps where i could shortcut typing in my address by using "current location" , like in Lyft, DoorDash, Postmates, where it has to be translated into a written address.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 8:59 AM

See the section in this article on reporting a problem with Maps:

Get help with Maps - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

My location pin on a map looks accurate, but the given address for that pin is fictional

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.