Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Photos to see your photos in this list (Instagram in Chrome)

Other apps show file picker and when I select the Photos in the left bar I eventually get a lost of photos from which I may pick. Not so with Facebook Instagram in Google Chrome.

Reproduce:

1. Mojave, Chrome, Instagram. Right click, Inspect Element. In Developer Tools, click on mobile.
  2. Refresh. There is now a "+" button.
  3. Click "+", get File picker. Click photos.

Expected:

Icons from Photos

Actual:

"Open Photos to see your photos in this list"

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2019 6:59 PM

I've been having the exact same issue! It seems to be any attempt to upload photos from the Photos app through Chrome. If you switch to Safari, it seems to work, so it would appear Apple is blocking some aspect of Chrome's access to Photos for uploads. It also appears to happen in macOS10.14 +, as my older MacBook Pro and iMac running 10.13.6 are working fine.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2019 6:59 PM in response to Damian Cugley

I've been having the exact same issue! It seems to be any attempt to upload photos from the Photos app through Chrome. If you switch to Safari, it seems to work, so it would appear Apple is blocking some aspect of Chrome's access to Photos for uploads. It also appears to happen in macOS10.14 +, as my older MacBook Pro and iMac running 10.13.6 are working fine.

Open Photos to see your photos in this list (Instagram in Chrome)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.