Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos drag bug

I am using photos app. trying to drag photos from favourites to another window (Facebook).

Most time, as soon as I start dragging the photo, the program bugs, showing the wheel of death. I then have to quit and open again but it then does the same.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 11:29 AM

You can only drag directly to other applications that support drag-and-drop from Photos, for example into a Pages document or a new Mail window. But you cannot drag directly into older applications, that have not been updated to support Photos for Mac.

You can use the photo browser in the application (if it has a photo browser) or the Media Browser in the File > Open dialog.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 11:29 AM in response to Frenchy_27

You can only drag directly to other applications that support drag-and-drop from Photos, for example into a Pages document or a new Mail window. But you cannot drag directly into older applications, that have not been updated to support Photos for Mac.

You can use the photo browser in the application (if it has a photo browser) or the Media Browser in the File > Open dialog.

Oct 14, 2020 7:04 AM in response to Frenchy_27

What happens if you restart your mac.

What about trying if you restart in safe mode?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54506185

What happens if you create a new (temporary) library, and try with that. (Hold down the option key when starting photos)

In the meantime you can use (eg facebook) by inserting an image from within the facebook page, and then picking from photos.

photos drag bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.