Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software update 9.3.6 will not download

My iPad mini says there is a software update 9.3.6 to download and install. But it will not download it and just keeps the wifi icon spinning. What is the problem

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 6:27 AM

Do you have a computer with iTunes on it? If you do, connect your iPad to your computer and let iTunes download the update:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

11 replies

Aug 7, 2019 1:37 PM in response to tomac14

I want to THANK everyone who tried to help me with this software update for an older iPad mini. I tried the various solutions but none worked for me. I hate to give up on a problem, but I did with this one. I went to the local Apple store and they downloaded it to one of their laptops and then downloaded it from the laptop to my iPad mini. It took about 2 hours because my old iPad mini had a slow processor and so it took a long time.

Thanks again to the really smart and helpful people of this Apple Support community. My problem was solved, but not by me.

software update 9.3.6 will not download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.