Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.3.6 update not downloading installing on iPad mini 1

Is there a problem with 9.3.6 update? Tried for two days. The update is available but loads just sits there for multiple hours spinning but never finishing. It is cell + WiFi model with 15 gig memory free. No SIM card installed. My WiFi is 100mbs +.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 5:21 AM

I just bricked my iPad 3 trying to install 9.3.5. First tried stand-alone installation over WiFi, stuck in endless loop. Then using iTunes. Now I've just got an Apple logo and a progress bar that never advances. Turning on/off or resetting both buttons for 10 seconds + always brings back the same useless logo and progress bar. A real pain since this iPad with 64GB has been in daily use mainly as a reading device with 2500+ books installed and about 60000 photos.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2019 5:21 AM in response to louise e

I just bricked my iPad 3 trying to install 9.3.5. First tried stand-alone installation over WiFi, stuck in endless loop. Then using iTunes. Now I've just got an Apple logo and a progress bar that never advances. Turning on/off or resetting both buttons for 10 seconds + always brings back the same useless logo and progress bar. A real pain since this iPad with 64GB has been in daily use mainly as a reading device with 2500+ books installed and about 60000 photos.

Aug 8, 2019 3:28 PM in response to Ginatralala

Yes that was a typo, should be 9.3.6 of course. In the end I was able to restore and update using iTunes - the problem was that I wasn’t waiting long enough. I was stuck with an apparent loop and no progress on the progress bar for almost 30 mins, then it suddenly completed without warning. I never saw an update take this long or behave like this.

9.3.6 update not downloading installing on iPad mini 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.