Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UR242 did not reconize in garageband

Hello. I am a newbie.

I bought a Steinberg UR242

I have a problems connecting the UR242 to my Macbook Pro 2018.

When I do connect things start off ok. "Steinberg UR424" appears in the Input list in System Preferneces Preferences > Sound, and also in Audio Midi Setup. BUT, as soon as a open Garage Band, the Steinberg UR242 DISAPPEARS from the Sound input list (and Audio Midi Setup)! At this point I cannot select the UR242 as an input because the system doesn't see it any more. I don't understand why this happens.

In summary, the system "sees" the UR242 after I plug it in. But as soon as I open Garage Band (or the Cubase software), it no longer is visible from Mac as an input, and visually disappears from the Input list in System Preferneces Preferences > Sound.

Does anyone know what's going on?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 12:35 AM

Problem solved. I didn't notice macOS mojave, Apple has changed the specifications and enforced the security settings. Installing a third party kernel extension will display the messages "Extension blocked".

So when i come with fresh install and allow Yamaha Coporation software and it's worked.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 24, 2019 3:31 PM in response to TerryNguyen_ruan

Hello TerryNguyen_ruan,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with connecting your UR242 and GarageBand.

I was able to find the manufacturer link here: Steinberg UR424

It states the UR242 is compatible with "Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13."

I recommend reaching out to the manufacturer to verify the device is compatible, and check if there is an update to help you. This link will take you to their support: Steinberg Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Jul 24, 2019 11:44 PM in response to rose_10

Thanks for the quick reply and i've been check steinberg support. An update in April 1 2019 said Mojave supported UR242 (https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360001800580-macOS-10-14-Mojave-Steinberg-Hardware-Compatibility) and i installed every driver or firmware needed but is not solve my problem. Did you have some ideal?

UR242 did not reconize in garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.