Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IiMac crashes during uploading videos to iCloud

When uploading iMovie Theatre videos to iCloud Photos, iMac crashes after partial transfer. Used power button & unplugged from mains. Same thing again after further partial uploads. I have latest versions of iMovie, Photos and latest Mojave update.

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 8:18 PM

Hello eyewy,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're experiencing some issues with your iMac crashing when attempting to upload movies to iCloud Photos. You've come to the right place for a resolution.

To help further isolate potential causes of this behavior, I suggest trying the troubleshooting suggestions in the following support article:

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Seeing if you can upload a movie to iCloud Photos with a different user account could also help determine if this may be caused by user related settings or files as well. If you don't have another user account, here's how you can create one for testing:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Keep us posted with what happens after trying those steps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2019 8:18 PM in response to eyewy

Hello eyewy,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're experiencing some issues with your iMac crashing when attempting to upload movies to iCloud Photos. You've come to the right place for a resolution.

To help further isolate potential causes of this behavior, I suggest trying the troubleshooting suggestions in the following support article:

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Seeing if you can upload a movie to iCloud Photos with a different user account could also help determine if this may be caused by user related settings or files as well. If you don't have another user account, here's how you can create one for testing:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Keep us posted with what happens after trying those steps.

Cheers!

Jul 26, 2019 12:19 PM in response to raina_b22

Thanks for your help. Problem with crashing solved. All 50 iMovie Theatre uploads to iCloud completed. Additional problem now is that I find all video titles have not transferred to Cloud. I”ve got all the thumbnails - but all the titles under them are missing. I now have to start the video playing to find the right movie. It could be any of the blank thumbnails. All show correctly in Photos app. Any suggestion?

IiMac crashes during uploading videos to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.