Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Series 4 keeps chiming and lighting up randomly while charging in nightstand mode

I have had my Apple Watch Series 4 for a few weeks now but after updating to Watch OS 5.3 yesterday my watch kept chiming and lighting up randomly over night while charging in nightstand mode (like when you first put it on the charger each time). This was very annoying as it would wake me up every time it happened. I have searched the community and it appears others have had this same issue with other watch and software versions but I have found no resolutions or suitable answers to solve this problem. Is there something I have missed that will fix this issue?

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 8:07 AM

3 replies

Jul 24, 2019 9:34 AM in response to deggie

Yes, I have tried the forced re-start of both the watch and my iphone, i'm using the OEM charging cord that came with my watch, i've even changed the outlet I have it plugged into just to make sure I rule out a faulty outlet. Right now I have it in my office with me on a totally different outlet and it's still chiming and turning on about every 10 minutes while on the charger in nightstand mode.

Watch Series 4 keeps chiming and lighting up randomly while charging in nightstand mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.