Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change a phone number on a MacBook Pro

How do I change my phone number on the MacBook Pro? Only my contacts were able to be transfered once I logged into my Icloud account. Every time I FaceTime someone it shows up as the old owners phone number.

Posted on Jul 24, 2019 11:25 PM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2019 6:35 PM in response to unknown7o7

Hello unknown7o7,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you want to change the phone number the you use for FaceTime on your MacBook Pro.

On your MacBook Pro, please open the FaceTime app. Go to Preferences > Settings. In Settings, it should show your Apple ID signed in. If it doesn’t, then sign out of that Apple ID and sign in to your Apple ID. If you have an iPhone and sign in to the MacBook Pro with that same Apple ID, you will be able to be reached at that phone number and your Apple ID on your MacBook Pro as well.

Here’s some information on using FaceTime on your Mac: Use FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support

Here’s information regarding Continuity on your Apple devices: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you still need help, please click contact Apple Support by clicking Contact Support in the upper right here: MacBook Pro - Official Apple Support

Cheers.

how to change a phone number on a MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.