Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Security override for Internet downloaded Apps

I download updates from web sites of the company that sells the software. It comes in a .DMG format. I used to be able to override the Security. However, with Mojave (v.10.14.5), I no longer have that option. I get the window with "<name of app> can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information." When I open Security & Privacy, there is no longer a way to override for this app. I also tried the other overrides that I know of (CTRL-Open). I understand the risks Apple is trying to minimize for its users; however, I need a way to open downloads from unregistered developers. Are there any other means of overriding this without completely shutting down Gatekeeper through the Terminal program? Thanks for any assistance you may provide.

r/Jim

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 12:32 PM

I found the solution. The old CTRL-Open (or Right-Click-Open did not work when I tried it from the desktop. When I moved the App to the Applications folder, the CTRL-Open worked. There is a warning box with only the "Cancel" highlighted. Click the other button even though it is grayed out. This will open the App.

I thank everyone who responded and tried to help me out. It is much appreciated.

r/Jim

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2019 12:32 PM in response to Sanjac

I found the solution. The old CTRL-Open (or Right-Click-Open did not work when I tried it from the desktop. When I moved the App to the Applications folder, the CTRL-Open worked. There is a warning box with only the "Cancel" highlighted. Click the other button even though it is grayed out. This will open the App.

I thank everyone who responded and tried to help me out. It is much appreciated.

r/Jim

Mojave Security override for Internet downloaded Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.