Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use of iCloud on my i Mac and iPhone

I ave a number of playlists in iTunes on my iMac. How can I put some of them in my iCloud so I can retrieve access them when I exercise?

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 11:26 AM

There's a few ways to approach this.

1. The Apple Way: Subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, and turn on iCloud Music Library to upload your iTunes Library from your Mac to iCloud so it can be accessed from the iPhone's default Music App. Note that this will use cellular data for accessing and playing the music from iCloud when not on Wifi.
    1. Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support
  2. The external way: Copy the actual music files to a folder on iCloud Drive or any other cloud service (assuming they are not DRM protected), and then use a 3rd party music or media app (the default Music App on the iPhone cannot access iCloud Drive or other cloud services directly to play them) to access and play them. This will also use cellular data to access and play them when not on wifi.
    1. iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support
  3. The old fashioned way: Simply sync the playlists to the iPhone instead of uploading them to iCloud. This will not use cellular data at all.
    1. Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2019 11:26 AM in response to antony287

There's a few ways to approach this.

1. The Apple Way: Subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, and turn on iCloud Music Library to upload your iTunes Library from your Mac to iCloud so it can be accessed from the iPhone's default Music App. Note that this will use cellular data for accessing and playing the music from iCloud when not on Wifi.
    1. Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support
  2. The external way: Copy the actual music files to a folder on iCloud Drive or any other cloud service (assuming they are not DRM protected), and then use a 3rd party music or media app (the default Music App on the iPhone cannot access iCloud Drive or other cloud services directly to play them) to access and play them. This will also use cellular data to access and play them when not on wifi.
    1. iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support
  3. The old fashioned way: Simply sync the playlists to the iPhone instead of uploading them to iCloud. This will not use cellular data at all.
    1. Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

Use of iCloud on my i Mac and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.