Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay icon disappeared from iTunes 1.12.6.3

Running iTunes under Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop. Airplay icon has disappeared from iTunes menu. It appears briefly when first opening iTunes, then disappears. There is nothing wrong with my network, because i can use the equivalent of Airplay in the Spotify application. Airplay was working with iTunes on this computer. iTunes has been updated to 1.12.6.3. Do I have to uninstall/reinstall?

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 3:00 PM

Try If you can't use AirPlay or mirror your device's screen - Apple Support. You may want to uninstall and then reinstall either the current or the previous build.

tt2

5 replies

Jul 29, 2019 2:00 AM in response to turingtest2

The problem seems to have been a conflict between Airplay and Spotify on the same computer. Spotify Connect must be off in order for Airplay icon to appear. That is, one must have turned Spotify Connect off before closing the Spotify app. Then, if the Wi-fi speakers are on, Airplay icon will appear in iTunes and one can connect to them through iTunes. In any case, this is how my Windows 10 laptop seems to be working with my wi-fi system. I should have thought of this possibility before posting. I discovered the answer by accident when the Airplay icon suddenly appeared in iTunes and I asked myself what had changed.

Airplay icon disappeared from iTunes 1.12.6.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.