Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement of IPhone XS Max

Hello. My wife has the iPhone XS Max. Today she dropped her phone in water for a few seconds and now it doesn’t work at all. Everything I’ve seen about this phone states it is waterproof up to 3 meters for 30 minutes. My wife’s phone didn’t come close to maxing our these circumstances. Does apple replace these phones that fail to meet the standards they advertise?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 8:40 PM

Apple makes no claim whatsoever that they iPhone is waterproof. They do say in laboratory testing it met the standards for an IP68 water resistance rating which include the test you are referring to under strictly controlled laboratory testing. But the warranty clearly states it does not cover water damage as it is assumed it exceeded the IP68 rating.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2019 8:40 PM in response to Hillabrand91

Apple makes no claim whatsoever that they iPhone is waterproof. They do say in laboratory testing it met the standards for an IP68 water resistance rating which include the test you are referring to under strictly controlled laboratory testing. But the warranty clearly states it does not cover water damage as it is assumed it exceeded the IP68 rating.

Replacement of IPhone XS Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.