Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tried all methods to assign my own ringtones or alert tones and failed

Keep in mind that I am a former samsung s10 plus user and it was effortless there, not so much with ios.

tried videos, dr. phone, and all else.

Why or is there there restrictions on ios that makes it so hard, or are prior sound formats not supported?

I Am sure many its flawless to do, I even tried zedge and only shows wallpapers.

Am I just to accept the fact, unless I pay for the limited not so large selection in tones store and call it a day?

Any who overcame this let me know.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2019 8:12 PM

Any change starts with unlearning. The quicker you start the easier is the path.

Move custom ringtones from iTunes to your iOS device

If you have a custom ringtone or tone in iTunes on your Mac or PC that you want to move to your iOS device, you can manually add it to your device using iTunes.

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  3. On your computer, find the ringtone or tone that you want to add to your device. If the ringtone or tone previously appeared in your iTunes library, you can find it in the Tones or Ringtones folders of your iTunes media folder. If you created a ringtone in GarageBand on Mac and then shared it to iTunes, it might be in an Import folder. 
  4. Select the tone that you want to add to your device and copy it. (You can use a keyboard shortcut.)
  5. Return to iTunes and go to the Library tab of Music.
  6. Click your device in the left sidebar, then click Tones.
  7. Paste your tone. (You can use a keyboard shortcut.)

You can also drag and drop your tone file onto the name of your iOS device in the left sidebar of iTunes.

Use iTunes to delete custom tones that you manually added to your iOS device

If you manually added custom tones to your iOS device, you can delete them from your device using iTunes.

3. Click your device in the left sidebar, then click Tones.
  4. Control-click or right-click the tone that you want to delete, then click delete tone.

If you don't see an option to delete tone, you might have to turn off "Manually manage music and videos":

1. In the upper-left corner of iTunes, click .
  2. Scroll down to the Options section, and uncheck the box next to "Manually manage music and videos." Then click done.

You might see a message that your device is synced with another library. This means that you've used a different computer to sync your device in the past, and iTunes can't sync without first erasing and replacing all iTunes content on your device.

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207955

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2019 8:12 PM in response to iamNOLEGEND

Any change starts with unlearning. The quicker you start the easier is the path.

Move custom ringtones from iTunes to your iOS device

If you have a custom ringtone or tone in iTunes on your Mac or PC that you want to move to your iOS device, you can manually add it to your device using iTunes.

3. On your computer, find the ringtone or tone that you want to add to your device. If the ringtone or tone previously appeared in your iTunes library, you can find it in the Tones or Ringtones folders of your iTunes media folder. If you created a ringtone in GarageBand on Mac and then shared it to iTunes, it might be in an Import folder. 
  4. Select the tone that you want to add to your device and copy it. (You can use a keyboard shortcut.)
  5. Return to iTunes and go to the Library tab of Music.
  6. Click your device in the left sidebar, then click Tones.
  7. Paste your tone. (You can use a keyboard shortcut.)

You can also drag and drop your tone file onto the name of your iOS device in the left sidebar of iTunes.

Use iTunes to delete custom tones that you manually added to your iOS device

If you manually added custom tones to your iOS device, you can delete them from your device using iTunes.

3. Click your device in the left sidebar, then click Tones.
  4. Control-click or right-click the tone that you want to delete, then click delete tone.

If you don't see an option to delete tone, you might have to turn off "Manually manage music and videos":

1. In the upper-left corner of iTunes, click .
  2. Scroll down to the Options section, and uncheck the box next to "Manually manage music and videos." Then click done.

You might see a message that your device is synced with another library. This means that you've used a different computer to sync your device in the past, and iTunes can't sync without first erasing and replacing all iTunes content on your device.

Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207955

tried all methods to assign my own ringtones or alert tones and failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.