Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage

I got an iphone xs max and the first time it water got into it, it just died even though its written that it’s waterproof up to 2m and for 30 mins and even the warranty is not valid anymore.. how do i contact the company for this issue?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 5:41 AM

No iPhone is water proof - see About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Water damage also voids your warranty, so repair fees will apply. The warranty is not valid because the terms explicitly say it isn’t - water damage voids it. Those terms are the same for all IP67 and IP68 rated smart phones, from any manufacturer.

A water resistance rating is not a guarantee against water damage. It merely means a rated device is less likely to be damaged than a non-rated device would be. And nothing about the IP67 or IP68 rating indicates a device is suitable for actual use underwater. The rating test is carried out in a laboratory, in pure clean fresh standing water. The device is not used nor even moved during the test.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2019 5:41 AM in response to peri12

No iPhone is water proof - see About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

Water damage also voids your warranty, so repair fees will apply. The warranty is not valid because the terms explicitly say it isn’t - water damage voids it. Those terms are the same for all IP67 and IP68 rated smart phones, from any manufacturer.

A water resistance rating is not a guarantee against water damage. It merely means a rated device is less likely to be damaged than a non-rated device would be. And nothing about the IP67 or IP68 rating indicates a device is suitable for actual use underwater. The rating test is carried out in a laboratory, in pure clean fresh standing water. The device is not used nor even moved during the test.

Jul 29, 2019 5:52 AM in response to peri12

There is no guarantee of water resistance. It’s not designed to be used in water, and all descriptions of water resistance from Apple state that liquid damage isn’t covered by the warranty. It’s more a case that it’s less likely to have water enter than a device that doesn’t have a water resistance rating.

Jul 29, 2019 6:11 AM in response to peri12

I’m facing an issue with the quality of apple product. I’m a fine customer of apple products since 2010 and I never face an issue with the quality. Last February I brought an apple XS

Last month while we where on vacation by chance my phone happen to ruined by rain. now the face id is not working. i send the phone for service and haven't received any positive response from apple team. the phone is still laying with apple service team. i deserve a positive feedback from apple regarding this issue

Water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.