Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage

iPad got wet when water bottle opened in my backpack and now it’s dead to the world. Was thinking about sending it to apple for the out of warranty charge of 300 but not sure if they will even consider a repair because of the water damage. Thoughts?

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 8:04 AM

This is what an out of warranty replacement is for. If you have an Apple Store near you, you can go there, tell them your iPad was damaged by water, pay the out of warranty fee and get a replacement iPad.

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 7, 2019 9:28 AM in response to melly39

melly39 wrote:
iPad got wet when water bottle opened in my backpack and now it’s dead to the world. Was thinking about sending it to apple for the out of warranty charge of 300 but not sure if they will even consider a repair because of the water damage. Thoughts?

Apple doesn't "repair" iPads. They exchange them for new or refurbished devices. There are only two prices they charge for out of warranty exchanges. There's a lower price for a "battery service" where Apple expects the device to be in good working and cosmetic condition. Then there's "screen damage" where it really covers everything else whether or not it's working. All replacements come in a plain box without any accessories.

They take back the device and it may or not actually be repaired, but all of that is more or less written off. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for an older device. The prices are generally pretty high and for something like my iPad Mini 4 the replacement price is the price I paid for mine new.

Water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.