Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage to my iPhone 11

About a month ago I dropped my phone and cracked the screen, so I took it in to apple to be fixed. Yesterday, I dropped my phone in about a foot of water for less than ten seconds. Water somehow leaked into my "water resistant" iPhone 11 which is supposed to be able to withstand up to 6.5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. The only way the water could get in is through a crack in the screen, which I had fixed about a month ago. Now my phone won't turn on and my camera is foggy because of the water. Should I have to pay for damage caused from a previous problem that was not fixed properly?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 13, 2020 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 11:30 AM

Check back with the folks at Apple Support—we’re other users and not folks that work for Apple, and we don’t have any way to see the type or extent of the damage, nor what was repaired (or replaced), nor the details of this most recent dunking.

And water ingress is possible through a variety of paths; an iPhone is not a sealed unit.

Apple has a list of indicators: Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty – Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 11:30 AM in response to Alexjpruitt

Check back with the folks at Apple Support—we’re other users and not folks that work for Apple, and we don’t have any way to see the type or extent of the damage, nor what was repaired (or replaced), nor the details of this most recent dunking.

And water ingress is possible through a variety of paths; an iPhone is not a sealed unit.

Apple has a list of indicators: Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty – Apple Support

Water damage to my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.