Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup broken screen iPhone

how do i backup an iPhone to mac if the screen is completely broken and won't turn on. I need to select the backup option on my mac but I'm not sure how. When i plug the iPhone in nothing pops up on my mac and my phone vibrates two to three times. Please help. I need the info on my phone to be transferred to the mac.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 1:45 PM

You cannot without the display working. That’s required to unlock the device and trust it for use with that computer.

Without a working display, there is no way to execute an iTunes nor manual iCloud backup.

4 replies

Jul 30, 2019 7:05 AM in response to marissagram12

marissagram12 wrote:

My display technically works fine, i just cannot see it is all

Honestly, that makes no sense. If you cannot see it then it clearly is not working fine, technically or otherwise. A display that doesn’t display is not fine.

If there is no other internal damage, Apple should be able to replace the display without you losing any data. But there is no guarantee your data will be recoverable and Apple’s terms of service do not guarantee your data will survive any service or repair.

But otherwise there is no way to back it up if you cannot interact with the display to input commands.

backup broken screen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.