backing up iPhone with Mac when screen is black.

hi. my iPhone screen is black but I think it recognizes when I touch smh, it just doesn't show me the screen. I have a lot of photos on my phone so I have to get a back up. I tried to back up with my Mac, but since it doesn't have an iTunes, I cannot back up. is there another app that can replace iTunes or is there another way to solve this?

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 4:15 AM

finder replaced itunes in terms of backup and restore for ios devices

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or to iCloud - Apple Support

if it does not show up there then it's likely in a state where only cure is to restore it

which will of cause you will only be able to salvage the data you have in your last back, minus the data you have synced to icloud

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 4:15 AM in response to seojin2104

finder replaced itunes in terms of backup and restore for ios devices

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or to iCloud - Apple Support

if it does not show up there then it's likely in a state where only cure is to restore it

which will of cause you will only be able to salvage the data you have in your last back, minus the data you have synced to icloud

backing up iPhone with Mac when screen is black.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.