Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I want to backup my iPhone but my screen is black. Is there a way to do this from my MacBook?

Broken iPhone backup

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 9:58 AM

You would likely have to enter a passcode to backup. If you have set your phone to backup automatically to iCloud then it should be fairly recent if it meets the requirements below.

In: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/HT203977

see the section: "Automatically back up with iCloud Backup

To let iCloud automatically back up your device each day, here's what you need to do:

Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.

Connect your device to a power source.

Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.

Make sure that your device's screen is locked.

Check that you have enough available space in iCloud for the backup."

If you have no backup but have been using iCloud to sync items such as photos then those should be stored in iCloud and will be available thorugh icloud.com or when you next sign into iCloud.

About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Bmac3

You would likely have to enter a passcode to backup. If you have set your phone to backup automatically to iCloud then it should be fairly recent if it meets the requirements below.

In: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/HT203977

see the section: "Automatically back up with iCloud Backup

To let iCloud automatically back up your device each day, here's what you need to do:

Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on in Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.

Connect your device to a power source.

Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.

Make sure that your device's screen is locked.

Check that you have enough available space in iCloud for the backup."

If you have no backup but have been using iCloud to sync items such as photos then those should be stored in iCloud and will be available thorugh icloud.com or when you next sign into iCloud.

About missing information after you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iCloud Backup - Apple Support

Hello, I want to backup my iPhone but my screen is black. Is there a way to do this from my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.