Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronizing over wifi to iTunes (iPads and IPhones)

I am currently using itunes Version 12.9.6.3 and my devices are using iOS 12.4. and operating iTunes on Windows 10 (Home) Version 1903 (Build 18362.267).

For many years synching via iTunes was possible for all my devices (2 x ipads and 2 iPhones) with the varying degrees of success. The key issue appears to being able to see the devices over Wi-Fi to be available for synchronisation. I've have checked and unchecked the synch devices over Wi-Fi when they have been USB conected to iTunes, rebooting computer, and stopping and starting the Apple mobile device service on the PC, all on numerous occasions and every sequence possible to no avail. Ultimately, I can still sync each device manually by USB cable to iTunes however I long for the day when I can do this again automatically and in bulk over my Wi-Fi network. All the devices and the PC with iTunes on our operating on the same Wi-Fi network.

Frustrated but not capitulating just yet........

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 12:28 PM

Could potentially be a firewall issue. See TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

7 replies

Jul 30, 2019 12:56 PM in response to turingtest2

No not really, it has always been somewhat intermittent, not frequently but defintely more pronounced since I upgraded from iPhone 6 to 8 Plus (Feb 2018) and new iPads (Nov 2018). Normally this has been overcome toggling off/on wifi sync when the ios device is physically connected to iTunes, stopping the Apple Mobile Device Service in Windows and cold reboot on devices and PC.

Some of the devices have icloud back-up active (although they all have hard back up to the PC routinely - say quarterly)...not sure that this m,akes a difference ...it shouldn't

Synchronizing over wifi to iTunes (iPads and IPhones)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.