Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi-Sync - iPad and iPhone do not show in Finder although "WiFi - Option" is enabled

Hello!

I'm trying to sync both my iPhone and my iPad via Wi-Fi to my MacBookAir.

All the devices have the newest Updates installed (MacBookAir: macOS BigSur 11.4; iPhone iOS 14.6, iPad iPadOS 14.6).

I managed to sync the devices using a USB Cable. Both devices are trusted devices to the MacBook.

I enabled the option "Show this iPhone/iPad when on Wi-Fi".

All the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi and they are allowed to communicate with each other.

I also connected them to the power supply.

I was already searching the internet, but i did not find a solution. But i found two hints, that both did not work.

One was, that I need to enable iTunes-Sync in the General menu of the iPhone or iPad. I can't find any option like this and I assume, that this instruction was for an older version of macOS/iOS/iPadOS, because it was using iTunes and not Finder like me today.

Second possible problem i found was that syncing with my MacBook would not work if iCloud-Syncing is enabled, which it is on all devices. I can't tell if this is the problem, but i don't think so, because syncing works if I use the USB-Cable. I would like to keep iCloud Syncing activated, but i want to exchange data via Wi-Fi between my local devices too.

I hope this is not too confusing; I'm new to the Apple-World! ;)

Looking forward for a helping answer!

Thank you!

michimango

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 31, 2021 1:28 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Jun 1, 2021 10:35 AM in response to michimango

Hi michimango,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you would like to sync your iPhone and iPad to your MacBook Air and we are happy to help! To learn how to sync your iPhone and iPad using your Mac see the Apple Support articles Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer and Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi. If you want to learn how to set up iCloud check out Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and Set up iCloud on your Mac. If you are having problem syncing or a problem with iCloud follow the steps in the Apple Support articles Find an iTunes or the Finder error code and If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

We hope this helps. 

Take care. 

Aug 28, 2021 8:48 AM in response to michimango

One time the problem was that my sim chip needed replacing it helped me then but now I am still having that problem with notes and nothing has helped unlike many here I nolonger even use my macmini at all so my two devises are running off my wifi router and blue tooth its riddled with issues that come and go as a disabled senior having very poor vision I am finding my self falling farther and farther behind the curve once you reach this point help become hard to find I v been into the Apple store and the help are always very nice ! But they are just not prepared to assist those with low vision or poor hearing. even though Apple devises were the very first to add helpfull features for us. but one on one help for me has not been possible.

WiFi-Sync - iPad and iPhone do not show in Finder although "WiFi - Option" is enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.