Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app not tracking climbed floors

I've been using the Health app to track walked steps and climbed flights, but sometimes the climbed flights are not counted correctly.

I've been hiking the same path for a year now, always keeping my iPhone in the right pocket of my trousers, so I should get more or less the same amount of climbed flights but instead some days I get around 40 floors while others I get 4. It looks like sometimes the phone stops tracking climbed flights.

I've tried rebooting the iPhone with no luck.

My system is updated to the latest version available right now (iOS 12.4).

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 7:14 AM

First of all thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately this issue happened many times during the last year.

1. I'm 100% sure the phone was always on as I listen to podcasts or music while hiking. If it was switched off I wouldn't have been able to listen to anything.
  2. I do the same hike every morning so I should be able to get more or less the same amount of climbed flights for each day of the week.
  3. I live on the ground floor and work from home (on a hill in the countryside), so no elevators in my life.

I've found other people with the same issue, but so far no solution. I'll keep looking!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 7:14 AM in response to SravanKrA

First of all thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately this issue happened many times during the last year.

1. I'm 100% sure the phone was always on as I listen to podcasts or music while hiking. If it was switched off I wouldn't have been able to listen to anything.
  2. I do the same hike every morning so I should be able to get more or less the same amount of climbed flights for each day of the week.
  3. I live on the ground floor and work from home (on a hill in the countryside), so no elevators in my life.

I've found other people with the same issue, but so far no solution. I'll keep looking!

Jul 30, 2019 7:56 PM in response to ninabit

If this is one-off incidence, ignore it. Watch for it if it repeats.

The probable cause could be that...

1. iPhone was switched off
  2. Depending on how often you moved to different floors, the Flights Climbed tile may be present under any heading, and shows how many floors you climbed during the day, week, month, or year.
  3. This data only shows your elevations and not the method you used for it. For example, if you climbed 1st floor using the stairs and 2nd floor using an elevator, the Flights Climbed tile will show 2 floors in its record.

Health app not tracking climbed floors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.