Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay UK 'no location available'

In the wallet for my credit card in "apple pay" in each "latest transaction" on my iphone SE it says "no location available".

Is there a setting I have missed which allows locations to be shown?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 11:24 AM

In my experience, the location for the transactions is usually determined using either data from Apple Maps, or GPS data if the merchant is not listed in Apple Maps, so there may be times when the system can't determine the location where the purchase was made and will say 'location not available'. I've had that happen a few times, as well as a few incorrect merchant names, and there's not much we can do about it. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have location services enabled for the Wallet app. Other than that, you can tap on one of the transactions in the list and then on 'Report an issue' and see if you can report your issue. In my case, I have gotten an error every time I try to report an issue with a transaction, but I believe it may be because I am using Apple Pay in an officially unsupported country (Mexico), so I think you might have better luck reporting your issue since the UK is already officially supported.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 11:24 AM in response to tksalvo

In my experience, the location for the transactions is usually determined using either data from Apple Maps, or GPS data if the merchant is not listed in Apple Maps, so there may be times when the system can't determine the location where the purchase was made and will say 'location not available'. I've had that happen a few times, as well as a few incorrect merchant names, and there's not much we can do about it. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have location services enabled for the Wallet app. Other than that, you can tap on one of the transactions in the list and then on 'Report an issue' and see if you can report your issue. In my case, I have gotten an error every time I try to report an issue with a transaction, but I believe it may be because I am using Apple Pay in an officially unsupported country (Mexico), so I think you might have better luck reporting your issue since the UK is already officially supported.

Apple Pay UK 'no location available'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.