Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Other Apple ID and Backup using itunes

I wonder if once I used other Apple ID to download the app. After that I backup and restore my iPad to my computer using iTunes. I restored all the app except the one that was downloaded by other Apple ID because I need to sign in to other ID

I want to purchase the app by my Apple ID. I would like to know that after I purchased and installed the app, will the content in the app be restored (by iTunes)? Or I have to use the other Apple ID and password to download the app and restore content from my computer?

Thanks

iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 9:49 AM

The app data is tied to the Apple ID it was downloaded under. Unless this app has a separate sign in ID and password and the data is cloud based, when you download the app under you new ID, it will be like starting all over with the app.

5 replies

Aug 3, 2019 6:23 AM in response to sea-w

The only way you can transfer the app with the same data to the iPad, would be to sign out of your current Apple ID on your iPad. Sign back in with the old ID. Go to your purchased library in the App Store and download the app from the cloud under that ID. Then you'd have to sign out of the old ID and sign back in under the new ID. Every time that app requires an update, you will have go through this process.

Is the data in the app worth that pain over and over?

Other Apple ID and Backup using itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.