Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sprint refusing to unlock iphones

We switched to sprint in 2017 (my ma thought it would be good to get 2 line plan at the time they were offering the free iPhone 7 when u switch) problem was they kept overbilling us we were supposed to pay $125 for everything (talk text and unlimited data for 2 lines) a month , the billed us $195 , they kept promising to correct the bill the never did so after 5 months my ma had to declare bankruptcy on one of the CCs because of the excess overcharges , we ended up switching to xfinity mobile (xfinity is our cable provider ima)

here err is the problem we shipped the old iPhone 7s back to sprint since we owed on 1 of them and they wanted the free one back as well so we did , they shipped them back and refuse to unlock them, (even though through bankruptcy on our end they were eventually paid off)

is there a way to unlock them through 3rd party , if your ex carrier is breaking the law by refusing to unlock the phones even when no money is left owed on them?

if I have to I would JB the 2 phones but I’m not sure if that affects Apple side or the carrier I wanna keep the phones on apples service I’m just looking to unlock the phones ?

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 12:39 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 30, 2019 12:41 PM in response to Lukcramed

Contact your carrier

1. See if your carrier offers unlocking. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.
  2. Contact your carrier and request an unlock. Your account might need to meet requirements for unlocking. After you submit the request, it might take a few days to complete. To get your request's status, contact your carrier.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

Aug 1, 2019 11:38 AM in response to Lukcramed

Lukcramed wrote:

I’ve just reported you kiltedtim to the media and the FCC and FTC as an Apple employee you should know better

Really? Reported him for what, exactly? What do you think the FCC is going to see as an FCC violation in a web forum post?

These are user community forums, not Apple Corp support forums. People here are users of Apple products who simply voluntarily offer technical support to their fellow users.

Yes, it is perfectly legal to unlock a carrier locked device in the USA. And no, there is no law that compels any carrier to unlock any and every device under any and all circumstances. You don’t qualify apparently under Sprint’s terms of their unlock policy. You don’t like it, deal with Sprint about it.

Sprint refusing to unlock iphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.