Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15" 2016 scrambled screen

Hello,

So one of our 2016 Macbook Pro 15" with touchbar's screen got scrambled all of a sudden. Couple of vertical bars with scramble signals and flickering throughout the screen. It shows up even before the apple logo comes up at bootup and doesn't go away. Tried disabling GPU switching but that didn't help. Tried to performed the SMC and PRAM reset but it didn't work. Connecting to an external monitor, the video on the external is fine but the one on the laptop is still whacked. I've ran into this before with the 2011 iMac GPU issue and 2012 MacBook Pro. Anyone ran into this issue before and found a fix?

Appreciate any info but I have a feeling it's going to be an Apple store repair to fix the issue.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2019 7:54 PM

Hi,

I think LCD of your MacBook Pro something wrong, you'd better contact Apple support or make Genius Bar reservation.

Similar questions

2 replies

Macbook Pro 15" 2016 scrambled screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.