Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I get calls I can't either answer nor reject the calls

Hey ,

i noticed a calling issues once i updated my iphone to IOS 12.4 so when i get calls i cant either answer nor reject the calls and the answering/rejecting screen stills appear until i restart my iphone and i noticed this issue after updating the last version of the IOS

please help

thank you

Hamoud

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 2:03 AM

Since your iphone is still under warranty, have it inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:

Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

13 replies

Aug 12, 2019 12:23 PM in response to hamoudalsamsam

Purchased my iPhone about 3 weeks ago. Performed the 12.4 update. Now my phone doesn't make/receive calls, Bluetooth nor Wifi work. Called Apple support; they had me go through the resets again with no luck. Support gave me instructions on how to do a factory reset via iTunes. I performed the full system recovery, wiping everything out, didn't fix the problem because once 12.4 is on your phone, it doesn't go away. In the last 2.5 years, I've purchased a total of 5 iPhones. Three of which the battery was defective in less than 30 days, the 4th was ok, and this one, as stated before, is 3 weeks old and useless. Apple has received the last penny from me they will ever see. I'm done with this company.

Aug 17, 2019 12:34 PM in response to AnnaFernanda

I tried the forced start but it didn't solve the problem. Someone posted that he had his phone "announce" his calls and his phone wouldn't work now. I sent into Settings and turned the phone on to announce my calls and then turned it off since I don't need my calls announced. My phone mysteriously started working. Probably not a solution but it worked for me. Waiting for 2 1/2 hours at the Apple store was not a solution for me.

When I get calls I can't either answer nor reject the calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.