Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi turning Self on.

WHY is it that if I intentionally turn off WiFi, that it decides to turn itself back on every few hours or so.

i turned WiFi off at 7 this morning. I did not want it to come back on at 10:00 am!

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 8:07 AM

Are you turning it off in Settings or using the Control Center? If disconnect in Control Center it will come back on the next day or when you move to an area with a different trusted WiFi. If you use Personal Hotspot it will come back on if a device you have used with it is within range of your iPhone.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 8:07 AM in response to Grey Randall

Are you turning it off in Settings or using the Control Center? If disconnect in Control Center it will come back on the next day or when you move to an area with a different trusted WiFi. If you use Personal Hotspot it will come back on if a device you have used with it is within range of your iPhone.

Aug 1, 2019 10:27 AM in response to Grey Randall

Grey Randall wrote:

I’m turning it off because I live in a rural area. internet is not cheap. since my cellular plan had unlimited data, I don’t chew up the bandwidth for the TV and Playstation

Are you saying your using your phone as a WiFi hotspot for your television and gaming system? Otherwise, I'm not sure I understand how they're relevant.

But, if you have metered home internet and you don't use it for your phone, delete that network from your phone. Then, it won't matter if WiFi is turned on or not.

WiFi turning Self on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.