Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods case loses charge

Hi,

I just got my Airpods yesterday and I have already noticed that the charging case seems to lose charge relatively fast when the airpods are in it.

Even when both airpods are on 100%, the case loses about 20% per day or at least 1% every hour. Is this normal?

It's just odd that even if I don't use the headphones at all and don't remove them from the case, it would be at 0% within 5 days - surely this isn't right. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 12:31 PM

Hello,

I don't think that it is anything to worry about. See this for more information:

Charge your AirPods with charging case and learn about battery life

However, if you are still concerned, have them checked: AirPods Service and Repair

Good luck.

2 replies

Aug 7, 2019 12:11 PM in response to MrBill3

Hi,

Thank you for your response! However, the information does not really cover the issue I have brought up.

I was wondering whether it is normal for my Airpods case to constantly charge the Airpods even whilst on 100%. The case is losing up to 30% charge per day without any use and to me this doesn't seem right.

Then, with use, the case is almost empty after 2 days. If the case is able to provide up to 24 hours of charge for the Airpods alone - and I am only using them for a few hours a day - this really does not add up!

Thanks.

Airpods case loses charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.