Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation from recovery os

It appears a message “the recovery server could not be contacted “ what i could do in thiscase?

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 10:38 AM

Where are you located and what model MacBook Pro do you have?

That's only a message on machines where Internet Recovery has been enabled or was available from the factory. You need internet access to the recovery server. A lot of things could prevent that, including a poor internet connection or if you don't select a good connection. My preference is to use a wired ethernet connection.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 10:38 AM in response to Xmen89

Where are you located and what model MacBook Pro do you have?

That's only a message on machines where Internet Recovery has been enabled or was available from the factory. You need internet access to the recovery server. A lot of things could prevent that, including a poor internet connection or if you don't select a good connection. My preference is to use a wired ethernet connection.

Installation from recovery os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.