📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual External Mic Aggregate Not Working

When recording on a macbook air, you must go to the Audio/Midi to create an aggregate to use more than one external mic for input devices at once. I select all necessary devices and continue to try to test my mics (2x Audio Technica ATR2100). When I go to System Preferences>Sound>Input, and test each mic, the volume display shows that each mic works. I tested this by turning off each mic and testing the other to make sure each was working on their own on the aggregate selection. However, when I select this aggregate on GarageBand or other media, only one of the mics works. Anyone know why this may happen? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 7:46 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Dual External Mic Aggregate Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.