Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Even with AppleCare, am I allowed to get my battery replaced even if it’s currently supporting normal conditions

My batter percentage is at 88 and even at this level my phone seems to be losing its battery percentage pretty quickly than usual, as well as overheating issues. I was wondering if I could get my battery replaced even if it’s supporting peak conditions as my AppleCare is almost running out.

thanks,

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 10:28 PM

If there's AppleCare (or I think really AppleCare+ now) if the screen was cracked there would be the discounted repair fee as one incidence of accidental damage. However, I don't believe that the battery replacement would be free unless it meets Apple's definition of depleted (less than 80% battery health) with less than 500 cycles.

Also - I'm not quite sure what the policy is on replacements now regarding battery health. Back when there was the big battery replacement promotion, Apple said that they reserved the right to limit the replacement (at the price) to one time unless a battery failed the diagnostic. Before that time, Apple or an AASP wouldn't replace a battery at all unless it failed the diagnostic.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 10:28 PM in response to Celestehdzz

If there's AppleCare (or I think really AppleCare+ now) if the screen was cracked there would be the discounted repair fee as one incidence of accidental damage. However, I don't believe that the battery replacement would be free unless it meets Apple's definition of depleted (less than 80% battery health) with less than 500 cycles.

Also - I'm not quite sure what the policy is on replacements now regarding battery health. Back when there was the big battery replacement promotion, Apple said that they reserved the right to limit the replacement (at the price) to one time unless a battery failed the diagnostic. Before that time, Apple or an AASP wouldn't replace a battery at all unless it failed the diagnostic.

Even with AppleCare, am I allowed to get my battery replaced even if it’s currently supporting normal conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.