Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12.4 Touch ID

Since upgrading to iOS 12.4 my Touch ID no longer works. Any ideas??

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 5:23 AM

No idea, my daughter has updated her 6 for a couple of weeks and everything is working properly, Touch ID included.

See this support guide:--> If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you get no help, have your device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider: Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2019 5:23 AM in response to sonja227

No idea, my daughter has updated her 6 for a couple of weeks and everything is working properly, Touch ID included.

See this support guide:--> If Touch ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you get no help, have your device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider: Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Aug 22, 2019 7:48 PM in response to sonja227

Same thing happened to me on my 6 Plus; I installed iOS 12.4, and the next day Touch ID stopped working. I went through all the settings several times, looking for something that might have been reset during the upgrade, but found nothing. I did several power off reboots, also with no luck. Finally I did a complete backup, a complete reset (erase all content and settings), and then restored from that backup. Touch ID started working again. That was three weeks ago, Touch ID failed again today, for no apparent reason. I'm not eager to go through the full backup/restore process again if Touch ID is only going to work for three more weeks. Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

iOS 12.4 Touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.