Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sd card reader

I have a MacBook Pro Touch Bar and as you all know it lacks sd card slots, so I bought an adaptor with USB ports and a card reader and it works just fine for the USB part, however computer would not read the sd card and I can't find the answer on the internet, so how do I get this type of MacBook to open the sd card?

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 6:59 AM

If the SD card is from a camera it is very common for them to appear unrecognized on a Mac. They are not formatted the same as say, a UBS thumb drive. However, DO NOT reformat the card yet. Try one of these first:

1) In your Applications folder, find the app Image Capture and launch it. The card should appear in the left=hand "Devices" pane. Select it and the images should appear in the main pane. This example shows an iPad attached instead but it works the same:

More on using Image Capture here:

Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac - Apple Support

2) If this is a camera card, download the image management software your camera's manufacturer offers. I use Nikons and, other than Image Capture, this is the only way to "see" the camera's SD card on my Macs.

If you are working with camera cards from multiple cameras, Image Capture is the best solution.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2019 6:59 AM in response to shaikha5

If the SD card is from a camera it is very common for them to appear unrecognized on a Mac. They are not formatted the same as say, a UBS thumb drive. However, DO NOT reformat the card yet. Try one of these first:

1) In your Applications folder, find the app Image Capture and launch it. The card should appear in the left=hand "Devices" pane. Select it and the images should appear in the main pane. This example shows an iPad attached instead but it works the same:

More on using Image Capture here:

Transfer images in Image Capture on Mac - Apple Support

2) If this is a camera card, download the image management software your camera's manufacturer offers. I use Nikons and, other than Image Capture, this is the only way to "see" the camera's SD card on my Macs.

If you are working with camera cards from multiple cameras, Image Capture is the best solution.

sd card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.