Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wireless charging - iphone X

Am I still able to use a wireless charging station if I have a case on my phone? It is speck case, so a little thicker than some cases I think.

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 10:15 AM

Maybe, maybe not. See the following from How to wirelessly charge your iPhone 8 or later - Apple Support

If your iPhone isn't charging or is charging slowly and your iPhone has a thick case, metal case, or battery case, try removing the case.

and

Wireless charging uses magnetic induction to charge your iPhone. Don't place anything between your iPhone and the charger. Magnetic mounts, magnetic cases, or other objects between your iPhone and the charger might reduce performance or damage magnetic strips or RFID chips like those found in some credit cards, security badges, passports, and key fobs. If your case holds any of these sensitive items, remove them before charging or make sure that they aren’t between the back of your iPhone and the charger.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2019 10:15 AM in response to ummsml

Maybe, maybe not. See the following from How to wirelessly charge your iPhone 8 or later - Apple Support

If your iPhone isn't charging or is charging slowly and your iPhone has a thick case, metal case, or battery case, try removing the case.

and

Wireless charging uses magnetic induction to charge your iPhone. Don't place anything between your iPhone and the charger. Magnetic mounts, magnetic cases, or other objects between your iPhone and the charger might reduce performance or damage magnetic strips or RFID chips like those found in some credit cards, security badges, passports, and key fobs. If your case holds any of these sensitive items, remove them before charging or make sure that they aren’t between the back of your iPhone and the charger.

wireless charging - iphone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.